Twitter Facebook Delicious Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Tuesday 21 February 2017

My wife donated her kidney to save my life, but I don't love her anymore - man


A man in an interesting dilemma recently sought advice from Kenyans because he says he has fallen out of love with his wife who showed him the ultimate act of love and sacrifice—she donated her kidney when he was critically ill and needed a transplant.
Here is the letter in full:
Dear Kenyans,
I am 32 years old and my wife is 31 years old. We’ve been together for 6 years and have two children now and live together in a nice house in Kilimani.

My wife donated her kidney to save my life, but I don't love her anymore. Please, what shall I do?


Man in a dilemma
Sometime ago, I had serious medical problems and she gave me one of her kidneys to save my life.
However, things have been slowly fizzling out and I’ve been feeling like we don’t belong together for a few months now. I feel like if I don’t make a decision soon we will be having a third child soon and I will feel this way forever.
But on the other hand, getting a kidney transplant has changed my life for the better in so many ways. I feel like staying together is the right thing to do even if I’m not in love anymore.
I’ll never be able to pay her back. I’m so torn and conflicted and feel like I have to make an impossible choice.

If I stay with her, I’ll always feel trapped and in a loveless relationship. If I break up with her, I’ll forever feel like an evil person for dumping someone who literally put their life on the line for me.
So what can I do?
James
The controversial letter triggered various responses from those who backed man's desire to leave his wife and those who feel he needs to stay with his wife who gave part of her body and soul to save his life.

Here are some of the responses:

Oscar: The fact she donated a kidney to you means that you two must never separate or divorce for whatever reason other than death.

Jerry: Just continue being an idiot.

Helen: You seem not to be content with what you have. For her to serve you life means a lot to her. If you have a girlfriend, then you are the biggest fool I have ever known. Be with her and love her forever.

Francis: My brother, just put everything in the hands of God.

Dennis: Organ donation should not be tied to filial feelings. I would like to believe that you were both counseled before the operation. If you still are conflicted, visit a professional counselor before you are misled and insulted by people who do not understand your situation on social media.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © HI-BIE | Powered by Blogger
Design by SimpleWpThemes | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com & Distributed By Protemplateslab